To join the event, register here
Running a start-up in Africa can be challenging😰, it’s no surprise that African founders make an effort to tackle potential obstacles that could hinder the progress of their business before it matures. One of these obstacles is start-up funding💰 and a big solution to this problem is fundraising the right way👌. Although fundraising is a solution, it works with other important practices which experienced VCs refer to as equally essential. These practices are valuation and due diligence, all three form a toolkit💼 that will assist a founder in achieving good success while fundraising for their start-up.
This is why we would like you to join us at the workshop💼 we are hosting to discuss founder's pain points while Fundraising in Africa🌍with professionals from coffee chat and some of our in-house Raise🚀 gurus. Some of the topics we will discuss are:
- How much capital should I raise?
- What type of valuation is fair?
- What ownership % do founders usually give up?
- What ownership % do investors usually target?
- How do SAFEs convert?
- What is a preferred share and why does it matter?
- How do I sell the valuation of my company?
- What's an exit?